If you find yourself in a situation where the game will not launch or has an error upon launch please try the following.
1. If the game completely fails to launch some users have reported success by running the .exe in Windows Compatibility Mode. You can try the Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter or just select Windows 8 and see if that helps launch the game.
2. go to: %localappdata%
Search for Wolverine_Studios and delete that folder, or the folders within (You may see a pro and/or college folder). That is the folder where the user settings are stored for the game. Deleting the files causes them to be rebuilt so it will not affect any of your leagues. In some cases these settings files can be corrupted by windows during a save... deleting them fixes the issue.
3. Try running as Administrator.
4. You can also try adding DDSPF and/or DDSCF to your exception lists for any virus scanners or firewall programs you may be using.
5. There also may be an issue with people who have their my docs folders set to sync with OneDrive... you should be able to go into OneDrive and mark My Documents\Wolverine Studios as "Offline" or "Don't Sync" so that it's not locking files up while the game is attempting to access them.
6. Make sure you have .net 4.8 installed... you can get this from https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48
7. If you see an error related to CEFCore.dll, then you may need to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 files. You can get this from https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/3/F/93FCF1E7-E6A4-478B-96E7-D4B285925B00/vc_redist.x64.exe
8. There are additional settings in %localappdata%\AlchemiumUnlimited\Draft Day Sports - Pro Football ****
9. If you are stuck at a low resolution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/screen-resolution-is-lowering/a67543fb-1013-41df-82f3-476a0757627c
10. If you are using Mac with Parallels to run the game, and have issues with file access, or logos not appearing: Make sure your documents folder is set to the windows user's doc folder. i.e. change \\Mac\Home\Documents to c:\users\*username*\Documents
11. If the game keeps freezing while simming weeks: You may be running into threading issues. When the program is running, you can adjust its Processor Affinity by opening the Task Manager (right-click the Task Bar and choose Task Manager), going to the
Details tab, right-click the process you want to modify, and click
Set affinity. From there, you can choose which core the program runs on. Try changing it to just 2 or 4 cores. The more cores you have enabled the more likely you could run into threadlocks. I have not tried this so consider this fix experimental and your results may vary.
12. Installer issues? You can also try checking the downloaded installer file and make sure it's not "blocked". Right click on it, click properties, and pick Unblock file if there is an option there which may resolve installation issues.
13. Double and triple check that your security programs aren't blocking things. Add the game and data folders to exceptions list. Feel free to try one folder or both, but this should allow you to run the game and create leagues without having to fully disable your software. This applies to all recent versions of DDSCF and DDSPF.
14. For blurry text at high resolutions, or for other screen rendering issues such as the menu items not appearing on the main menu: For the game .exe, right click, select the Compatibility tab, the High DPI Settings and look for a setting called Override High DPI Scaling and set it to "Application".
15. If the game is trying to load but hovering over the icon on the task bar only shows a black screen preview, then press windows key + P to bring up screen settings, click PC screen only. That will let the game load. Then you can reconfigure your screens however you had them. This may only be an issue for someone with multiple screens.
*Only for legacy products (2019 and earlier that use eSellerate)
1. If using products with eSellerate (prior to 2019) Search your computer for the file eSellerateControl365.dll and note the location. Then from a command prompt go to that directory and type REGSVR32.EXE eSellerateControl365.dll and you should get a message saying that it was successfully registered. Then try the game from there.
2. Download this file - unzip and run the installer which will reinstall the license control.